An unprecedented international event is about to enhance the shapes and colours of the hotels and ski slopes in the San Pellegrino Ski Area.
From March 5th to April 3rd, 2016, this famous, extensive ski resort, which links the Val di Fassa and the Province of Belluno, will be hosting the first ever Contemporary Biennale Art Exhibition on the Dolomites, featuring more than 100 abstract and figurative painters, sculptors and photographers from all over the world.
The beauty of the mountains and the magic of art will come together to offer unforgettable encounters for anyone who appreciates snow and cultural tourism. For one month the San Pellegrino Ski Area will become the storehouse and privileged meeting point for the most diverse artistic expressions on the modern scene, a melting pot of ideas and expressions for an altogether more transversal and innovative initiative.
More than 200 works of art will be exhibited in various local hotels, while a special outdoor exhibit by sculptor Mirko Demattè will be set up along the Chiesetta slope at Passo San Pellegrino. The schedule will also feature book parties, meet-and-greets with authors and artists, and tastings of typical local products as well as excellent wines from the territory.
The opening of the first Biennial Art Exhibition on the Dolomites will take place on March the 5th, at 5:30 p.m., at Hotel Arnika in Passo San Pellegrino. Professor Giorgio Grasso and Doctor Mattea Micello, noted art critics and curators for the exhibit, will be doing the honours.
• 5 MARCH, 2016, 5:30 p.m.: PREVIEW (at Hotel Arnika)
• 11 MARCH, 2016, 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast with the artist at Baita Paradiso
• 12 MARCH, 2016: Presentation of the artists and their works at hotels in Passo San Pellegrino
• 19 MARCH, 2016 5:30 p.m.: Inauguration of the Personal Outdoor Show by Mirko Demattè (at Chalet Cima Uomo)
• 19 – 26 MARCH, 2016: Personal Outdoor Show by Mirko Demattè
• 19 MARCH, 2016: Presentation of the artists and their works at participating San Pellegrino hotels
• 24 MARCH, 2016 5:30 p.m.: Out_Side (cocktails on the terrace of Chalet Cima Uomo)
• 26 MARCH, 2016: Presentation of the artists and their works at hotels in Passo San Pellegrino
• 01 APRIL, 2016: Breakfast with the artist at Chalet Cima Uomo
• 02 APRIL, 2016: Presentation of the artists and their works at hotels in Passo San Pellegrino
• 02 APRIL, 2016, 5:30 p.m.: CLOSING CEREMONIES (at Hotel Arnika)